- 2023 reissue, with FULL reworked layout courtesy of HERESIE STUDIO
- 12" (140g) with 4/0 CMYK labels in a black poly-lined innersleeve;
- Jacket, full-color with gold PMS print, 350gsm w-w carton, 3mm spine w/ matt machine varnish, all assembled in a plastic overbag (vinyl outside the sleeve)
- 12 pages booklet, with lyrics and pictures, 12"/12" size.
- Interview with the band here
- New album coming during 2023!!
GEISTAZ' IKA are a shadowy entity hailing from Denmark's revitalized (and rising) black metal underground. The band revealed their first public recording, Trolddomsejd i skovens dybe kedel, at the very end of 2018, but only digitally. So impressed by its windswept wonder, SIGNAL REX eagerly stepped forward to release this debut album unto the worldwide stage.
Indeed, Trolddomsejd i skovens dybe kedel is a work of windswept wonder, and infinitely more. It's a work of black metal's most ancient and enduring elements, but rearranged in such a startling(ly confident) manner that they altogether feel surprisingly fresh. Resolutely raw but rippingly clear in execution, GEISTAZ' IKA create classic Nordic black metal with a distinctly melodic air - and one most especially melancholic or at least solemn, even during the album's most blastingly intense moments - with guitars and also bass weaving misty, mystical tales that feel a lot like its cover art looks. References can be detected of both the Norwegian Perished and Hades but also early Isvind, Helheim, and Ulver, such is GEISTAZ' IKA's incorporation of delicate acoustics.
The past is always alive, and its latest present is GEISTAZ' IKA's Trolddomsejd i skovens dybe kedel. Behold that wonder.
"Geistaz'ika is the eradication of the flesh and the evocation of the spirit. A submission to darkness where the tormented creatures of the night howl their laments for all who make the voyage into the seething cauldron of the forest."